UPDATE: Incentives?? You deserve INCENTIVES for your good taste! Pre-Order My New Game, Deadpool - starring me - and you’ll get plenty!
April 17, 2013 –So I, the great and magMANimous Deadpool, cordially intimidated invited Activision Publishing, Inc. and High Moon Studios to make a video game starring Marvel’s most Marvel-ous character, me. And you being a gamer of unquestionable good taste wish to pre-order that game. Well I say bravo - you deserve some awesome rewards for putting your trust in Deadpool.
So here we go… Because Deadpool loves you, I’ve sent threats hugs and kisses to the heads of some major retailers to get you some sweet merch for pre-ordering the Merc, including:
- • MY “Merc with a Map Pack” DLC (confetti explosion!) adds two new maps – GRT Plaza and Inside the Tower – to Deadpool Challenge mode, as well as two b-b-b-b-bonus costumes – the D-Pooly and Uncanny X-Force suits only for use in the unlockable Infinite mode where your stats are tracked on a global leaderboard.
- • Exclusive digital wallpaper for my PowerUp Rewards friends featuring who else – me!!! I’ll probably be, like, you know, totally ripped in it and all. No bigsies. – U.S. Only
- • A (drum roll, please) midnight launch party at the GameStop with the most pre-orders (more drums!) paid BY Activision (now the bassoon!) with a LIVE appearance from ME, Das Pool! Now’s your chance, Kodiak, Alaska GameStop customers! – U.S. Only
- • A $5 Amazon credit towards select Marvel graphic novels– but seriously… buy a Deadpool graphic novel.
- • An exclusive digital wallpaper and digital coversleeve, because what are you doing not staring at my perfectly sculpted body every waking moment of the day?
That’s it. Go pre-order my new game now, or else.
Deadpool will be available June 25, 2013 for the Xbox 360®, PlayStation(R) 3 with a $49.99 SRP, and PC with a $39.99 SRP. It is rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB. For more information, visit www.deadpoolgame.com, or follow along at www.facebook.com/RealDeadpool or on Twitter @RealDeadpool.
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit marvel.com.
About Activision Publishing, Inc.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.
Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Australia, South Korea, China and the region of Taiwan. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company’s website, www.activision.com.
Marvel, Deadpool and related characters: TM & © 2013 Marvel & Subs. Game © 2013 Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. ESRB rating icons are registered trademarks of the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) and may not be used without permission of the ESA. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.